People in all settings use Canon printers extensively as they serve all the scanning and printing needs of users. But sometimes they can encounter problems. Long-time Canon users often report the Canon printer offline error. Well, this error occurs due to a couple of various reasons. It may be that your USB port isn’t inserted correctly, or the Wi-Fi isn’t connected to the printer. You can troubleshoot all these causes with simple fixes. This article will go over the various resolutions for this problem.
Fixes to Try for the Canon Printer Offline Error on Windows
There are many simple to advanced resolutions for you to use. These fixes will come in handy for Windows users. Keep reading to know what you can do when your Canon printer says offline.
Resolve the offline error on Windows 10
Users facing Canon printer offline Windows 10 should check their printer settings. Follow the steps below for it.
- Restart the Wi-Fi router and check whether everything is linked to the internet.
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel.’ Now, go to ‘Devices.’
- Tap’ Printer Settings.’
- See the printer status and ensure that it’s online.
- Check for any pending print requests. If there are, clear them.
- Ensure that your chosen printer is set as default.
- Locate the ‘SNMP‘ option. selected,uncheck it.
- If you use a VPN connection, exit it and then try to access your printer.
Restart the print spooler service in Windows
If you’re wondering why your Canon printer says offline in Windows 10, the answer may lie in your print spooler service. If it’s not turned on, you’ll naturally face this problem. Follow these steps to restart the service.
- Restart your printer.
- Hit the Windows and R key and input’ services.msc‘ in the window that pops up. Then click ‘OK.’
- A new window will come up.
- Scroll to the option of ‘Print Spooler Service.’ Right-tap it.
- Now restart the service.
- Next, check if your printer is up and running.
Resolutions for the Canon Printer Offline Error on Mac
Mac users can connect the printer in two ways. They can utilize either the USB or wireless connection. If you are searching for an answer to the question, why is my Canon printer offline Mac? Follow these resolutions. They are for those who use both the USB and wireless connections.
Steps to follow if your Canon printer is linked to Mac via USB
Those who have their Canon printer connected to Mac via USB can start implementing the measures below. They will fix the offline printer problem.
- Hard reboot your printer. For it, press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds.
- Remove the printer from the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option on your Mac.
- Uninstall the printer drivers and disconnect the USB from Mac and the Canon printing device.
- Download the latest drivers and install them.
- Restart the Canon printer and link the USB cable on both printer and Mac device’s ends.
- Navigate to the option of ‘Printer and Scanners.’ Add a new printer.
Steps to follow if your Canon printer is linked to Mac wirelessly
If your printer is wireless and linked to Mac via a wireless network, follow these steps to resolve the Canon printer offline problem. Start by hard rebooting your printer by pressing and holding the button of Power for four seconds.
- Go to ‘System Preferences‘ and from there to ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- Remove the printer from this option on Mac.
- Switch on the printer.
- Configure the wireless connection once more with your Canon printer.
- Re-link the Canon printer wirelessly with the router.
- Uninstall the printer drivers and download the latest ones. Then install them on your Mac.
- Navigate to ‘System Preferences‘ and from there to ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- Next, add the Canon printer once more.
- Your Canon wireless printer will come online.
These techniques will help you to resolve the Canon printer Says offline problem. Both Windows and Mac users will find good fixes to try out. But if the error remains, you can connect with Canon printer customer support services. The experts will speedily resolve all issues with your printer.