In this informative article, we will discuss 2 reliable methods to migrate OST to PST. I have seen on the internet many Outlook users are worried about data.
As we all know, MS Outlook is an email software that is commonly used by businesses and offices for communication. The majority of customers set up their accounts with MS-Exchange Server, which operates in synchronization and saves data in the Offline Storage Table (.ost) file format. The OST file stores data on a hard disc that is in offline mode.
Data is synced and downloaded to the system in the OST file format every time a user checks in with an IMAP account. It assists in keeping data in the inbox up to date with fresh emails, reports, meeting requests, and so on.
When a user opens an account with IMAP setup, it may also function as a web server-based application, storing synchronization data in (.ost) format.
However, these files can become unavailable in a variety of circumstances. To deal with the scenario, the user must convert the OST file to another file type, such as PST. So that data may be quickly accessible even when the computer is turned off. I’ll discuss two approaches to migrate OST to PST format in the sections below.
What are the Reasons for Migrating OST to PST File?
- A conversion forces you to back up Exchange mailboxes when they are removed from the server
- An Exchange user wants to rebuild the .ost folder, however, there are certain elements in the .ost file that haven’t been preserved.
- If a user wishes to read a .ost file saved in Outlook 2013 on another device in Outlook 2016.
- The .ost files were not opened due to a server problem.
Manual Way to Migrate OST to PST
Now, we know when we need to change the OST file to a PST file. Here we will discuss the manual method to complete this task but in the next section, we provide you best tool to convert OST to PST files.
Method 1: Convert OST file to PST Manually
- Firstly, login to your MS Outlook accounts on your system.
- Secondly, go to the File option then hit the Open & Export option.
- Thirdly, Choose the Import/Export option.
- On the next screen, select the “Export to a File” option.
- A new dialogue box opens asking to choose the file type to import. Choose “Outlook Data File (.pst) option.
- Then choose the folder to export data from, and click on the Next button.
- Select “Allow duplicates to be created” from the drop-down menu and click “Finish.“
Following that, a second pop-up will appear, asking for an optional password. You may easily proceed without going through it.
Manually convert the Microsoft OST data to an Outlook PST file. You may go through your OST files that have been stored in PST format at the specified location.
We covered the above manual way to migrate OST to PST Outlook, which has several downsides, which are listed below:
- Outlook Account must be configured in the system.
- The system must be linked to the Microsoft Exchange Server.
- When compared to manual procedures, the process is extremely slow.
- There is a chance that data will be lost or corrupted.
- The technique requires the assistance of a technical professional.
Method 2: Migrate OST to PST using Software
To get over the limits, it is suggested that we utilize an automated program to convert OST to PST without Outlook.
OST to PST Converter provided by BitRecover is one of the greatest third-party tools that make this job simple and convenient for the user. It completes the converting procedure in just a few simple steps and is free of dangers or errors.
This freeware migrates OST mailboxes to PST file format. It also lets us restore, backup, and retrieve all objects from offline OST files.
It also aids in the conversion of IMAP .ost to .pst files without regard for file size constraints. This tool allows you to see data like emails, contacts, calendars, and other mailbox items before converting them. It creates the required size PST by Splitting converted PST into 2GB, 5GB, 10GB, Etc.
This program can also convert OST files to other file formats such as PST, HTML, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, NSF, PDF, vCard, CSV, ICS, TXT, MHT, DOCX, DOC, and RTF. It also offers a free demo edition with the constraint of exporting just the first 25 items folder. If the customer is happy, they may then purchase a licensed version at a reasonable fee.
Manual method help to migrate OST files to PST with Outlook. Freeway comes with many limitations as we mention above. These methods usually take time to complete this process.
Using third-party software to convert your OST file emails to PST is a more convenient option. We advocate utilizing this program since it is simple to use and has extensive features. Use this dependable and effective program to manage your critical data.