We all love our sofa’s but often, there comes a time when we need to get our sofa cleaning in NYC.
Does that mean we have to call up a cleaning service or do we actually want to do it ourselves?
So many of us have a fear of cleaning because we think we don’t have the right tools to do it.
In this blog, we look at the kind of things you need to clean a sofa and the tools you need to do it correctly and easily.
The sofa has special meaning to everyone. The mere word ‘sofa’ is enough to evoke a sense of comfort and relaxation.
This is probably one of the reasons why sofas continue to be a common feature in our drawing rooms.
Unfortunately, with time and regular use, the charm and beauty of our sofas start to disappear.
This blog looks at how you can clean your sofa so that it looks as good as new.
Cleaning a sofa is a tedious task when you have to do it on a regular basis. Believe us! It’s even more annoying when a professional cleaner does the job and charges you a bomb for the job.
But, there is a simple method to clean it yourself. You can keep your sofas for years to come by following a few easy steps.
The first step is to pick the right cleaner, and a good place to start is by talking to a professional cleaner who can help you determine which type of product will be the best for your sofa.
The next step is to determine what method you will use to clean your sofa. The most common method is to vacuum the sofa, but you can also opt to use a steam cleaner on the sofa or you could use a product that requires you to rub it on the sofa.
If your sofa has removable cushions you should do this by hand. If you have a removable cover, you can do it by machine.
Next, you need to dampen the area you’re going to clean. You can use a wet cloth, a steam mop or a damp vacuum cleaner.
Be careful not to overwet the sofa or you’ll have to remove the cover to dry it.
Using a cloth, wipe over the sofa. You can use a brush to dislodge dirt or an upholstery attachment for the vacuum cleaner. You can also try a steam cleaner.
Sofa cleaning is a challenge many of us face with. We are afraid that the sofa will be damaged and it is not something we can avoid. But it is not so difficult to clean your sofa by yourself.
Types Of Fabric On Sofas
There are many types of fabrics that can be used to cover a sofa. The most popular types of fabric used on sofas are cotton, wool, and silk.
The color of the sofa changed using the right fabric. The fabric used on a sofa is the reason why it feels comfortable to sit on.
- Cotton: Cotton is the most commonly used fabric for sofa covers. It used in a wide array of colors, patterns, and designs.
Cotton is the most economical of all the fabrics used for furniture. It is a breathable fabric, which is why it is good for the skin.
It also very comfortable and easily cleaned.
- Wool: Wool is the traditional fabric where the sofa is made from natural wool fibers. Sofas made of wool are the most common and popular ones.
Wool also the oldest fabric used to make sofas. Wool sofas are usually more expensive than synthetic sofas.
Wool sofas are more durable and they last longer than synthetic sofas.
- Silk: If you have a traditional silk sofa, you should know that you will have to use different methods to clean it than you would use for a microfiber sofa.
Microfiber made from synthetic fibers that are similar in texture to silk. Because of this, you will be able to clean your sofa with similar methods.
Silk is a natural fiber that made from the silk of a moth. It is very delicate, so you need to take extra care when cleaning it.
The Need To Clean Your Sofas
Have you ever cleaned your sofa before? If not, you should definitely try it. Here’s why:
- If you have kids or pets, you don’t want them to get sick! Think about it:
- If you have a couch full of stains and spills, you’ll have a hard time keeping the kids and pets from sitting on it.
- If your kids have friends over, their parents might see the stains and think it’s not a clean home.
- Your sofa is a big purchase. If you take care of it and keep it clean, it can last a long time. If you allow getting dirty, it gets damaged and worn out.
- A clean sofa is a more comfortable sofa. If there are stains on it, it will be harder to sit on, and you’ll be less likely to want to watch TV or read on it.
- If it’s clean, you’ll want to relax on it all the time!
The need to clean your sofa is obvious but not many people are doing it.
You may cover your sofa with a cover that washed but it is still advisable that you remove the cover and do the cleaning.
This will help you to remove any dirt that has accumulated on the sofa fabric. Fabric sofas are prone to getting dirty faster than other types.
The upholstery may easily stained by food, wine, and other items. A soiled sofa will make your house look untidy.
Don’t let your couch get too dirty, get cleaning!
We hope you enjoyed the article on how to clean your sofa yourself.
There’s nothing worse than when you have a big social event coming up and the sofa you’ve spent so much time and money on is looking a little tired.
So we thought it was about time we wrote this blog and showed you how to clean your sofa at home.