Why is it that home maintenance, which has been shown to be a critical element in extending equipment life, reducing downtime, and lowering total costs, is so often disregarded until it becomes an emergency in many operations?
There are various causes for this:
- A scarcity of resources (either time or manpower)
- Unfavorable timing
- Lack of planning or disorganization
- Maintenance benefits and relevance are misunderstood.
Financial savings, product quality assurance, and peace of mind are all advantages of an annual maintenance contract. Furthermore, if a maintenance or service contract covers anticipated future concerns, a consumer is more likely to purchase an item.
Many manufacturing industries, particularly aerospace, automotive, construction products, heavy equipment, consumer packaged goods, paper/pulp, and tire/rubber, can benefit from an AMC (annual maintenance contract). The following are some of the advantages of a recurring annual maintenance service agreement.
The advantages of a recurring annual maintenance service agreement.
● Costs that are predictable and fixed. Maintenance planning on an as-needed basis can easily spiral into unexpected costs that have a substantial impact on the overall budget. You can control and account for all maintenance costs on a long-term, fixed basis with a full annual maintenance contract. You can confidently deploy cash throughout the rest of the business without the worry of maintenance overruns or shortfalls by eliminating unpredictability in your maintenance budget.
● At any time, you’ll have guaranteed access to maintenance assistance: Maintenance is like an old adage. The only thing you can predict is that it will be unpredictable (unless you use predictive maintenance technology, of course!). A maintenance contract means no matter what time it is or what situation it is in. You will have access to a professional who can help you fix the problem. This provides the safety that in-house workers may not be able to supply. As maintaining round-the-clock knowledge for every issue that emerges is frequently not cost-effective. A contracted partner, on the other hand, is responsible for providing multi-craft, experienced maintenance personnel. It will address any and all maintenance-related issues.
● Improvements in logistics. A thorough maintenance contract considers all areas of your maintenance practice. This method provides essential logistical advantages that will help you increase your profits.
● Extended equipment life. Too frequently, maintenance is thought of as a one-time procedure for dealing with problems as they emerge. Whereas it is a continuous process with the primary goal of keeping equipment in good working order for as long as feasible. A long-term maintenance contract is to improve equipment functioning by providing the resources to continually adhere to an effective scheduled or predictive maintenance approach. This, in turn, leads to increased production efficiency.
● Reduced downtime. Building on the advantages of following a maintenance schedule, maintenance partners strive to reduce or eliminate downtime caused by equipment failures. An annual maintenance contract’s long-term, holistic approach allows for downtime planning, ensuring that scheduled maintenance occurs at the least disruptive times in the production calendar.
● There is a persistent sense of discomfort and scurry to finish key maintenance work in a setting. Where management is unable to prioritize maintenance, resulting in negative consequences on other elements of the operation. A maintenance contract alleviates this anxiety by providing managers, operators, and other technical employees, allowing plant management to focus on core responsibilities and other bottom-line drivers like innovation and customer service.