Knives are a very personal choice. If you ask ten people which is the best knife for everyday use knife, you will probably get ten different answers. In short, choosing a Nakiri knife is a matter of personal preference. But that doesn’t mean you can just grab the first knife you find. Or you can order the first model you see in our online store.
What are the Some Advantages of Nakiri Knife?
- Knives are valued by many for their unique advantages.
- It is a versatile knife that fits in your pocket. It can also be used legally in most states in the United States.
- Nakiri knife to be considered legal, its length must be taken into account. knives that are 2.5 inches or less in length are generally allowed.
- Knives less than 3 inches in length, knives with blades less than 3.5 inches in length may be carried.
- This feature determines the shape of the blade. This means that the shape of the blade is not aesthetic, but is intended for a specific purpose. There are many types of Nakiri knife blades, and it is useful to know them.
- One of the most popular blade shapes is the teardrop-shaped blade. It is strong and versatile, making it ideal for stabbing and killing. The shape of this blade is recognizable by the familiar curve of the spine at the tip of the blade.
- The clip point blade is similar to the drop point blade. The only difference is that the tip is curved and concave rather than convex. Like the drop point blade, it offers less resistance and faster recovery, making it ideal for quick sewing.
- Even if you have the sharpest knife in the world, it’s fatal if you can’t open it in the field. That’s why you need a knife that opens easily and smoothly.
- Opening methods include thumbhole, thumb stud, assisted opening and well opening. Look for a knife that can be easily opened with one hand.
Nakiri Knife scales
Best Nakiri knife scale is one of the materials used for the handles of knives. It affects how easy (or difficult) the knife is to grip and handle. Besides the shape of the blade, there are different types of knife sheaths. Aluminium ones are known for their strength and weight. However, it can transmit both cold and heat. Titanium sheaths are resistant to rust. Titanium knife handles are both stronger and much lighter than aluminium ones.
- A locking mechanism is important for your safety, especially if you are using the knife with one hand. Choose a Nakiri knife with a locking mechanism on the handle to prevent the knife from jamming and cutting your hand during use.
Probably the most popular locking mechanism is the “backstrap lock”. This mechanism consists of a pin attached to a spring. When the Nakiri knife is open, the spine locks into the incision at the back of the knife. To close the knife, you must press the open part of the spine. The locking mechanism is strong and secure.
Tanta shaped blades are also available and are very durable. They are ground flat and high. They are shaped like the end of a chisel. The lack of a belly doesn’t mean they aren’t the best cutting tool, but the Tantor blade is reliable when stabbing.
There is also a spear point type blade which is more suitable for stabbing because of its symmetrical and balanced shape. This type of knife is also suitable for cutting and general work. Mikarta is also the most famous material used for Nakiri knife handles. It is strong and light. It also has a smooth, textured surface for a better grip.