QuickBooks accounting software helps small and medium-sized businesses to manage their finances. It allows the user to create invoices, payroll, taxes, and many more. But user compliance that while trying to operate the program, QuickBooks won’t open. It can be a serious issue. As it handles all the financial data of the business. Users mention that they try all the methods to fix it but fails. If you are one of them, then follow this blog. We derive all the possible causes and solutions to resolve the issue through this blog. Let’s start with the reasons.
Casualties Behind QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
If you can’t fix QuickBooks won’t open company files after so many tries, several reasons can be behind this.
- Due to damage and corrupt system hard drives, and can’t support to access programs like QuickBooks.
- Damage in the QBWUSER.INI file can be responsible for the error. Also, if the file is missing from the system.
- Sometimes, a corrupted QuickBooks program file or installation also affects the program’s overall performance.
- Operating an outdated version of the Windows OS.
Read also this blog: QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
How to Detect QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
- QuickBooks closes while accessing.
- QuickBooks will not load company files.
- The computer screen freezes.
- The mouse and keyboard work slowly.
- Payroll freezes while sending the direct deposit.
What to do When QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File?
Step 1: Restart your System
Restarting your computer can help you resolve the QuickBooks Desktop not opening issue. Restarting can help you to download and install updates.
Step 2: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
A damaged QBWUSER.INI file can be repaired by changing its name. It creates a new version of the file. By doing this, all previously opened files will erase. Following are the steps to rename the file:
- Firstly, go to the Start window and select File Explorer to open a new window.
- Secondly, go to the folder where QB files are saved. If you can’t find the folder, paste the given path in the search panel – Users [Your username]/ AppData/ Local/ Intuit/ QuickBooks [year].
Note: If you cannot find the AppData folder, you have to turn on the Show Hidden Folders.
- Now, right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and select Rename option.
- After that, type .old at the end file name – QBWUSER.INI.OLD to change the name.
- Then, look for the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file and also rename it.
- Next, open QuickBooks Desktop on the system and run a sample company file.
- Once the program opens the sample file, then switch to your primary file.
Step 3: Run the Program as Administrative
By providing full access to QuickBooks, the QuickBooks won’t open issues fixes. For this, you have to grant the right to the user manually. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks.
- Secondly, click on the Start and open the Control panel.
- After that, click on the User Accounts option and locate the QBDataServiceUserXX (XX = Year version) from the given list of programs.
- Now, tap on the Administrator button.
- Next, click on the Change Account Type and hit the Apply button to save the changes.
- Follow the same procedure if you have multiple QuickBooks DataBase Server versions installed on the system.
The Bottom Line
Finally, we are at the end of our blog. In this, we have talked about the solutions you must follow when QuickBooks won’t open. Hopefully, you can fix the issue from the above information. Nevertheless, if QuickBooks still does not respond, dial our QuickBooks support phone number at +1-520-463-7633. Our certified ProAdvisors attend to you and help you in resolving the error.
Read Also: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12029