QuickBooks Abort Error | A Comprehensive Guide to Fix This Issue
QuickBooks is trusted among all other accounting applications and is used by billions of organizations. It provides various advanced features, but despite these, there are technical glitches in the software that leads to error. QuickBooks abort error is one such common error that is usually seen while opening the company file and using QuickBooks Desktop. Users often get an error message displaying, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered” when the abort error triggers. Stick to the article until the end for more insights on the QuickBooks connection lost abort error.
If you are worried about QuickBooks abort error and looking for immediate assistance to fix it, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 6 and consult the QuickBooks technical support team
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks connection has been lost abort error?
The factors that give rise to the error are as follows:
- The internet connection is unstable and non-wired.
- The folder that contains the company file needs additional permission.
- QuickBooks software is damaged or outdated.
- Windows Firewall restricts QuickBooks access to the network.
- Power saving mode is enabled on your PC.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open
Fixing QuickBooks network abort error with Different Methods
Method 1. Rebuild your company file using Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
- To verify, go to the QuickBooks File menu and select Utilities.
- Choose Verify Data, click OK and wait till the tool verifies the company file.
- If QuickBooks detects any issue, you need to rebuild the company file.
- To rebuild, select the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data, then OK and close QuickBooks.
Method 2. Try keeping the QuickBooks application up-to-date
- Close QuickBooks files, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Windows Start menu.
- Locate the QuickBooks icon from the list of programs and right-click it.
- Select the Run as administrator option, wait till the No Company Open window appears and then click the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop, select the Options menu and click the Mark All button.
- Click Save, head to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear previous QuickBooks updates.
- Click the Get Updates button to start the download, reopen QuickBooks and install the update completely.
Method 3. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run File Doctor to fix issues related to company file
- Close all files open in QuickBooks, quit the application and visit Intuit website to download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file downloads completely, save it to a location you can easily access, like your Windows desktop.
- From the desktop, open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install QuickBooks Tool Hub completely on your computer.
- Go to the desktop, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor, pick your company file when the tool opens and mark the Check your file option. If you can’t find your data file within the File Doctor, click Browse and search it on your computer.
- Click on the middle Check your file option, enter login credentials and select Continue.
- Enter QuickBooks login credentials, click Next to start the tool and wait till it repairs the company file.
- Once the File Doctor completes the scan, open QuickBooks and then try opening the company file.
Method 3. Use Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix common QuickBooks errors
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program and let the tool run to fix common program issues within QuickBooks.
Method 4. Fix data damage issues by running QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Steps to recover data using original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file
- On your Windows desktop, make a new folder with the name QB Test and then look for the folder containing company files.
- Open the folder and find the company file with the .tlg extension. If file extensions are not visible, follow these steps to show file extensions:
- Open File Explorer, select Organize and then click Folder and search options.
- Choose Hide extensions for known file type, click Apply, and then OK.
- Next, copy the company file having .tlg extensions and paste the company file to the QB Test folder.
- Locate and open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder from your company file location, then copy the .QBW.adr file. Now, the QB Test folder will have a .QBW.adr file and .tlg file.
- Right-click the .QBW.adr file, choose the Rename option and change the file name by adding .adr at the end.
- After renaming the file, open QuickBooks and open the company file saved on the QB Test folder.
- Verify all the transactions using your account, go to the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Click Verify Data to check the data integrity of the recovered file and then copy the good company file to the original location.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6189
Method 5. Reset hosting settings on the host computer
If QuickBooks is installed on the server computer:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, choose the File menu and select Utilities.
- If you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option under Utilities, hosting is Enabled, move to another computer.
- If the Host Multi-User Access option is visible, select it to enable hosting.
If the QuickBooks application is not installed on the host computer:
- Look for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager icon in the Windows system tray and double-click it.
- Go to the Database Server tab and verify the company file below Currently connected company files and logged in users.
- Close the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window and delete the .nd file.
This article on QuickBooks abort error ends here. We expect the troubleshooting methods discussed above will help you eradicate the problem from the root. If, due to some reason, the error still exists or reappears, place a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Recommended to read : Quickbooks Error 6190 77