QuickBooks is a useful accounting application that helps various small and medium-sized businesses in bookkeeping activities. While opening the program, there are instances when QuickBooks won’t open. It usually happens when the QuickBooks Desktop application becomes damaged or corrupted. The error results in loss of productivity as QuickBooks sometimes takes endless time to start. If your QuickBooks starts to open and then closes, learn about the causes given below and perform troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error.
If you are not willing to read the complete advisory blog to resolve QuickBooks won’t open error, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430 for help.
Main causes of QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Following are some possible reasons that lead to the error:
- You are using an old Windows operating system.
- Some QuickBooks program files are missing from the folder or are damaged.
- There is some corruption in the hard drive.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not installed correctly.
Now, head to the troubleshooting section and follow the steps to resolve the error.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error
Follow the steps given below in the correct order to eliminate the issue:
Method 1. Run Quick Fix my Program to resolve the problem
Before you start, download and install the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. Here’s how:
- After closing all open company files, exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open your browser.
- Download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it somewhere you can easily find.
- Find and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, follow the on-screen steps, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After installing the tool hub, move to your Windows desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- From the tool hub, choose the Program Problems tab and click quick Fix my Program.
- Wait till Quick Fix my Program resolves the issue. Once it’s done, open QuickBooks and log in to your company file.
Read more:- QuickBooks running slow
Method 2. Suppress QuickBooks program
- Tap the hold the Ctrl key, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, and choose your company file.
- Select the Open option to open the company file.
Method 3. From the QB Tool Hub, use Install Diagnostic Tool
- If closed, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again by double-clicking the icon and choosing the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, wait for around 20 minutes to let the tool run.
- When it completes, restart your workstation and open QuickBooks.
If you still get the error, follow these alternate methods:
- Download the latest Windows update.
- Change the name of the damaged QBWUSER.ini file.
- Fresh install QuickBooks program in Selective Startup mode.
- Repair QuickBooks and run it in safe mode.
Now, we are concluding our blog on QuickBooks won’t open errors. We hope this helps you resolve the issue. If you face any difficulty performing the steps, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number +1-800-579-9430.
Related article:- QuickBooks Restore failed